Critical access hospitals represent more than 2/3 of all rural hospitals. Established by the U.S. Congress to help ensure rural communities had close access to emergency care, the small size and rural location present unique challenges: offering high-quality care while also managing its operation in today’s fast-paced, digital age.
Greater Regional Health, a critical access hospital serving the Southwest Iowa community of Creston and the surrounding area, has faced its challenges, specifically concerning the software used to manage its operation. These challenges led Greater Regional to evaluate its current situation and ultimately identify a solution. Eide Bailly facilitated the selection and implementation of that solution.
- Automated department reports that save time and reduce human error
- A streamlined inventory management process that is completed quickly and digitally
- New paperless payment system has eliminated checks and spreadsheets
- Operational improvements around managing fixed assets, amortization, and inventory
- 10-15% revenue growth over two years