- To meet demand, remain competitive, and mitigate risk, it’s imperative your CIO and your CISO team up to create an environment that is both agile and secure.
- The most successful digital transformations and modern workplace environments involve a strong alliance between cybersecurity and technology teams.
- McKinsey estimates that 70% of organizations will employ hybrid or multi-cloud management technologies, tools, and processes.
The Importance of Collaboration Between Cybersecurity and Technology Teams
To adapt to the rapidly evolving digital landscape, organizations are embracing modern workplace models and hybrid cloud technologies. Collaboration between the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is vital to create a secure yet agile environment.
Historical complexities, including role conflicts and budget disputes, have hindered this collaboration, but the pace and scale of digitization efforts now demand a strong alliance.
Successful digital transformations depend on a unified CIO-CISO team, ensuring technology's smooth operation while safeguarding the organization's security.
We've developed a comprehensive playbook for business leaders that addresses the common challenges CIOs and CISOs are facing and helpful tips to ensure a strong alliance between your cybersecurity and technology teams. The playbook provides actionable insight and expertise to help you navigate:
- The history of CIO and CISO roles
- Points of conflict between the roles
- How to gauge the maturity of your CIO-CISO relationship
- 4 steps to strengthening the CIO-CISO relationship