Form W-2 Compliance
Year-End – Form W-2 Compliance
Please submit your payroll information through the My Eide Bailly portal by January 9, 2024.
What we need from you:
- QuickBooks backup for 2023 or quarterly payroll wage reports, if applicable. If you do not have a Quickbooks backup, download your Form W-2 template here.
- Federal and state tax payments
- Copies of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarter payroll returns (if we do not process)
- Current passwords for federal and state online filing
- Please be sure to read all the questions listed to make sure you have all the proper documentation for your year-end planning.
Upon completion, all forms will be mailed directly to the recipients and all government copies will be electronically filed with the appropriate authorities. We will upload the copies for your records to your My Eide Bailly portal.
Please note, all W2 forms must be furnished to recipients on or before January 31, 2024 to avoid penalties.
We cannot guarantee timely filing for information received by us after January 19, 2024.
How to submit your information:
- Please upload your information to your My Eide Bailly portal no later than January 9, 2024.
- Please check all recipient names, addresses, and social security numbers for accuracy prior to returning information to us.
Resources to help you prepare for filing your W-2 forms.
The following illustrates the most common types of benefits paid to employees, which must be included in their income.
Please review these items for additional taxable benefits and provide us with a list of the employees, the benefit received, and the benefit amount.
Do your employee’s have Personal Use of Company Auto?
Do you have any employee that claimed Third Party Sick Pay in 2023?
Do you offer Disability Insurance?
Do you have Group Term Life Insurance?
Do you provide Employer Provided Educational Assistance?
Do you offer Dependent Care Benefits?
Is your business an S-Corporation?
Do you offer Health Savings Account (HSA) Contributions?
Do you have a Retirement Plan?
Did you provide your employee’s Gift Cards or Cash Payments?
Do you have an ACA reporting responsibility?
Did you have more than 250 W2s in 2022?
Make sure to provide us with the most current address and/or name change for all past and present employees.
If you don’t have a QuickBooks file and cannot send us a backup, we will need the following filled out on each tab:
- If you are using QuickBooks Online and appropriately tracking W-2s in that system, please invite the firm as an accountant user of that file. Please see this worksheet to learn how to invite us as an accountant user to your QuickBooks Online file.
- If you are using QuickBooks Desktop and appropriately tracking W-2s in that system, please upload an accountant’s copy to your My Eide Bailly portal and let your Eide Bailly professional know the password to your file.
- W2 Journal with Deductions: Please use this template if you offer benefits to your employees on a pretax basis and we need to report those on the W2.
- Payroll Liability Summary: Please use this if you don’t have any reports that your software can run for us to account for your payroll tax liability to report on your returns.
- Personal Use of Auto: If applicable, use this tab to report the information per employee, you may need to add and copy another tab if more than one employee has this benefit