Selling your business is more than a tour of the office, a handshake and handing over a check. It can be complicated and often messy. It may take up to six months of data gathering, negotiations, analysis and more before the deal is closed.
You must not only choose a buyer (and there are many different types), but also ensure you have the proper valuation of your organization in place for sale. Then, there are a number of steps that follow—from the nondisclosure agreement to indication of interest, letter of intent and purchase agreement.
The moral: the earlier you can prepare, the better. Planning for sale requires tools, experience and leadership.
Why Work With an Advisor in the Sale of Your Business
Before you sell, it's important to conduct appropriate value planning to best position your business in the market and obtain an optimal sale price.
A business advisor can help you prepare for a stress-free sale of your organization when you need to:
- Decrease customer concentration
- Prepare your management team
- Consider tax consequences
- Evaluate your business to uncover areas for improvement
- Highlight strengths and opportunities
- Identify value drivers that will be important in executing a sale at the highest price possible
- Learn recommendations for increasing the overall value of your business
- Provide preemptive quality of earnings to expedite the sale process
Why Choose Eide Bailly for the Sale of Your Business
Eide Bailly can help you best position your business in the market. Together, we'll develop a reasonable action plan to capitalize on areas of opportunity. Through thorough evaluation, we will take the time to understand your business and goals.
When you work with Eide Bailly, you'll work with accredited professionals, including Chartered Merger and Acquisitions Professionals, Certified Valuation Analysts and Accredited Valuation Analysts. We have deep experience across a variety of industries, with over 100 deals ranging in size from $10 million to $500 million.