- The Wage and Tax Statement (Form W-2) is an information return form that reports on an employee’s yearly wages and the amount of tax withheld.
- Employers are required to give their employees the Form W-2 each year so an employee can properly file their taxes.
- Simple mistakes on Form W-2 can be time consuming and costly.
The Form W-2 Guide to Help You Make Sense of Year-End Planning
We've developed a comprehensive e-book that addresses common challenges and includes everything you need to understand and correctly complete Form W-2. The e-book provides actionable insight and expertise to help you navigate:
- How to complete and correct the various forms
- Common mistakes on Form W-2 series (which can result in costly penalties)
- Dates and deadlines to remember
What is IRS Form W-2 and what is it used for?
If you have employees, then it's vital you understand what a W-2 is and why it matters. The Wage and Tax Statement (Form W-2) is an information return form that reports on an employee's yearly wages and the amount of tax withheld. Companies are required to provide this form to their employees come year-end.