Mergers and acquisitions can be stressful, and there are many things companies need to consider when looking to transition and grow. From tax due diligence and structuring to transaction forms and everything in between, it is important to make sure that you are adequately prepared for the transaction. Join us for a session to discuss the main considerations to ensure a successful merger/acquisition.
- Outline the process of mergers and acquisitions
- Discuss common issues and areas of review related to the tax side of M&As
- Review the quality of earnings report, a standard part of the due diligence process
- Explore key components of a business sale or purchase including an overview of the buy-side process, EBITDA adjustments and working capital considerations.
- Identify ways Eide Bailly can serve as a resource through the M&A process.
Carolyn Linkov, JD, Principal
Carolyn has more than 17 years of tax experience with specific knowledge in the tax side of mergers and acquisitions. She advises clients on issues concerning transaction structuring and planning; employee compensation; entity conversion issues; transaction tax consequences; input into transaction documents; and liaising with clients' attorneys.
Brian Erickson, Manager
Brian has over 10 years of experience in taxation with seven years of public accounting experience. He has experience with a variety of industries including construction, real estate, manufacturing, retail, hospitality, professional services, and health care. Brian has worked with varying entity structures including consolidated corporations and tiered partnerships. He also has experience with multi-state taxation, foreign reporting, tax provisions, working with large/complex transactions, and performing tax due diligence.
CPE Credits: 1
Field of Study: Taxes
Level of Knowledge: Basic
Delivery Method: Web-Based Group Session
These are web-group seminars. No prerequisites or advanced preparation required. For information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please contact Jason McKeever at 701.476.8773.