You've spent your whole life building your business; thinking about the succession and transition of your business is difficult, but important. There are several things to consider when transitioning your business, including management, ownership, entity structuring and whether or not you're ready. All these factors play a key role in succession planning for a business. In this session, we'll talk about the value of having a succession plan long before you must implement it, discuss the process and what you can do to prepare and operate with the end in mind.
- Outline the top considerations during succession planning
- Explore options to sell to strategic buyers or private equity groups
- Consider how to protect your legacy and potential legal pitfalls
- Identify what you should be doing now to ensure future success
- Review the current landscape of owner exit strategy readiness
Derek Dockendorf, CPA, Senior Manager
Derek has more than 9 years of public accounting experience providing accounting and income tax services to clients in a variety of industries, including emerging businesses, manufacturing and wealth transition services. He has experience providing income tax and accounting consulting to closely held businesses for newly developed entities and succession planning.
CPE Credits: 1
Field of Study: Taxes
Level of Knowledge: Basic
Delivery Method: Web-Based Group Session
These are web-group seminars. No prerequisites or advanced preparation required. For information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please contact Jason McKeever at 701.476.8773.