Join us for our quarterly tax legislative update covering recent developments on enacted tax legislation and on possible future tax bills. Staying up to date on areas affecting your situation is important and can allow you to better plan for changes that may be coming. Our National Tax Office team will update you on the latest from Capitol Hill with a focus on how changes may affect you and your organization.
- Discuss the tax legislative landscape.
- Summarize provisions recently enacted.
- Identify possible action steps and planning opportunities.
- Mel Schwarz J.D., CPADirector of Legislative AffairsMel has over 38 years of experience specializing in legislative affairs, including development and implementation of tax legislation at the national level. He spent six years on the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation and has served as the chairman of the Tax Legislation Committee of the AICPA. He oversees Eide Bailly's monitoring of federal tax legislation and the regulations implementing that legislation and shares his knowledge with the firm and its clients. He is a sought-after speaker for many AICPA, TEI and FEI conferences.
- Jay HeflinLegislative DirectorJay brings more than two decades of legislative experience to his job as Assistant Director of Tax Legislative Affairs in Eide Bailly’s Washington D.C. office. In his current position, Jay provides political intelligence and tax legislative guidance to the firm on the progress of tax legislation on Capitol Hill. Prior to joining the firm, he was a director at the tax lobbying shop Federal Policy Group, LLC, where he tracked tax legislation in Congress and participated in lobbying efforts to amend tax legislation. Before joining the Federal Policy Group, he was a Congressional reporter for several news organizations where his beat was tax policy. Prior to becoming a reporter, Jay worked as an accountant where he prepared several tax returns. He graduated from Butler University with a B.S. in Accounting.
- CPE Credits1
- Field Of StudyTaxes
- Level Of KnowledgeBasic
- Delivery MethodGroup-Internet Based