When you are facing tax issues in the U.S. or abroad, the process can be intimidating. Whether it’s assessing penalties, dealing with an IRS bank levy or wage garnishment, encountering an aggressive IRS Revenue Officer, or getting a federal tax lien discharged or subordinated, you shouldn’t face the process alone. Our team is comprised of individuals who are both knowledgeable and experienced in the complex process of IRS collections. Join us to learn more about the collections process and how to navigate through the system.
- Discuss common collections issues and opportunities.
- Identify tax relief programs.
- Explore the different approaches to dealing with tax liens and levies.
- Margarita Stone, J.D., LL.M.Senior ManagerMargarita has more than 17 years of tax experience specializing in federal tax, controversy and procedure. She represents clients before the IRS and States in appeals, collection (installment agreements, offer in compromise, levies, and liens) penalty abatement, and exams and tax court representation for controversies involving the areas of income tax, employment tax and other various tax matters. Margarita works to negotiate, mediate, and settle with the IRS and other taxing authorities to resolve clients’ tax matters.
- Andres JaquezManagerAndres has over 16 years of tax experience specializing in federal and state tax controversies. He represents taxpayers before the IRS and state taxing authorities in collections matters, appeals, penalty abatements, examinations and procedure issues. Andres works to effectively advocate, negotiate, and settle with taxing authorities on behalf of his clients while helping to provide peace of mind throughout the process.
- CPE Credits1
- Field Of StudyTaxes
- Level Of KnowledgeBasic
- Delivery MethodGroup-Internet Based