Part 1 - Tax Reform – Impact on Nonprofit Organizations
Tax Reform Presenters – Laurie Hanson
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act was passed in December 2017 and includes changes that impact nonprofit organizations. It is important to understand how your organization may be affected by these changes and what actions you should take to strategically plan for the future.
• Discuss how the changes in the individual standard deduction might affect charitable giving
• Explore the effects on unrelated business income, net operating losses, AMT and tax rates
• Review excise tax changes and the effects on private colleges and universities
Part 2- Eye of the Cyber Storm – Managing Cyber Risk in Small to Mid-Sized Nonprofits
Research and industry experts predict that small to mid-sized organizations will become one of the next big targets for hackers and cyber criminals. Nonprofits organizations face unique challenges when it comes to cybersecurity. This session will explore a new risk-based, top-down approach to IT security program management that has been developed specifically for small to mid-sized organizations.
• Discuss common areas of concern for cybersecurity and risks unique to the nonprofit industry
• Examine the need for organizational leadership to establish a culture of security
• Discuss the first steps an organization should take to begin managing their cybersecurity risks
7:45 AM - 8:15 AM Registration
8:15 AM - 9:15 AM Seminar
CPE Credits: 1 Hour
CPE Category: Accounting
Delivery Method: In Person Group
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required. For information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please contact Jason McKeever at 701.476.8773.