Course Description: 2018 is going to be another busy year for FASB and the Auditing Standards Board. This eight-hour course delves into the hot issues facing private companies for both industry CPAs as well as CPAs in public practice. We will cover: FASB Accounting Standards Updates; recent developments in the Private Company Council (PCC), as well as the new leases standard; implementing the new revenue standard with real-life examples; accounting and auditing changes impacting employee benefit plans; implementing the new nonprofit financial statement standard; updates to compilation and review; auditing standards and more.
• Identify the most pervasive accounting updates issued by the FASB
• Apply the main provisions of the new revenue standard
• Review the recent clarifications issued on the new lease standard
• Identify the changes coming to employee benefit plans and auditing updates
• Discuss recent developments on compilation and review engagements
Registration: 7:30am - 8:00am
Seminar: 8:00am - 4:00pm
CPE Credits: 8
CPE Category: Audit and Assurance
Delivery Method: In person Group
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required. For information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please contact Jason McKeever at 701.476.8773.