Course Description: The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, the most comprehensive tax legislation in the past 30 years, has brought about many changes and opportunities for business owners to consider. One big change is the Section 199A – 20% deduction for Qualified Business Income (QBI). QBI generated through sole-proprietors, and pass-through entities (partnerships, S corps, and certain LLCs) may present some restructuring opportunities. The Treasury Department and IRS just released proposed regulations interpreting this new 20 percent deduction under Section 199A.
- During this webinar, we will:
- Outline the Section 199A deduction
- Discuss qualifying for the Section 199A deduction
- Review the newly proposed regulations
- Explore planning opportunities and potential traps under Section 199A and the proposed regulations
- Strategize on ways to optimize the deduction in light of the newly proposed regulations
Adam Sweet, JD, Principal
Mac Stevens, CPA
Todd Laney, CPA, Manager
CPE Credits: 1
CPE Category: Taxes
Delivery Method: Internet based Group
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required. For information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please contact Jason McKeever at 701.476.8773.