State and local tax rules are constantly changing – making it difficult for businesses to stay in compliance and up-to-date on changes affecting your tax liability and responsibilities. This session will cover what you need to know regarding various state and local tax rules in the region including the new Iowa tax law changes, as well as the critical national laws.
· Review important recent tax law changes and how they affect Iowa businesses
· Outline how aggressive state expansions of sales tax collection requirements create filing requirements and risks for businesses working across state lines.
· Discuss the different options for accounting software to handle the confusing rules for sales and income tax reporting.
· Define nexus and discuss its impacts
· Review unclaimed property laws, how states use these as hidden taxes, and what you need to do know to avoid unpleasant surprises.
· Identify how new court decisions affect your state tax responsibilities.
Allison Gregory, CPA, Manager
Allison has more than nine years of public accounting experience providing income tax compliance, tax planning and consulting services to financial institutions. She is proficient in state and local tax matters through preparation, consulting and review of multiple unitary state tax returns. Allison serves financial institution clients on various state and local income tax issues, including nexus and state apportionment analysis.
Joe Kristan , CPA, Partner
Joe works primarily with closely held businesses to help clients succeed by finding a tax-friendly path to their goals. He frequently presents tax updates and authors articles, and is well-versed in tax reform legislation. Joe is a Certified Public Accountant, as well as a member of the AICPA Tax Section and the Iowa Society of Public Accountants.
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM Registration & Lunch
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Session
CPE: 1 Credit
Field of Study: Tax
Delivery Method: Live Group Based
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: None Required
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required. For information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please contact Jason McKeever at 701.476.8773.