Congress has passed the largest and most comprehensive tax reform legislation in the past 30 years. Businesses and individuals alike are trying to figure out the tax implications and what this means for them in their current situation and moving forward. Many are asking for the basics:
- What's included in tax reform?
- What can I do now to save money?
- What deductions are available?
- What strategies do I need to consider?
- What am I not considering, that I should be?
- Discuss the current state of tax reform
- Identify both individual and business impacts and opportunities
- Outline available and lost deductions and improvements
- Identify entity selection/modification opportunities
- Review possible action steps
- Discuss how Iowa has responded to tax reform, and what it means for Iowa filers.
Presenter: Joe Kristan , CPA, Partner
Joe works primarily with closely held businesses to help clients succeed by finding a tax-friendly path to their goals. He frequently presents tax updates and authors articles, and is well-versed in tax reform legislation. Joe is a Certified Public Accountant, as well as a member of the AICPA Tax Section and the Iowa Society of Public Accountants.
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM Registration & Lunch
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Session
1:00 PM - 1:30 PM Q&A
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required. For information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please contact Jason McKeever at 701.476.8773.