Congress has passed the largest and most comprehensive tax reform legislation in the past 30 years. Businesses and individuals alike are trying to figure out the tax implications and what this means for them in their current situation and moving forward. Many are asking for the basics of what's included in tax reform – what can I do now to save money, what deductions should I take advantage of, what strategies do I need to consider in the future and what am I not considering, that I should be. Our upcoming webinar series aims to arm you with the information and resources to navigate the new tax world.
Join us for one or all of our Tax Reform Update webinars. During these updates we will explore the key provisions, effective dates, how the current plan impacts you, and possible action items and next steps.
• Explore how provisions impacting individuals and businesses could have an impact on nonprofits
• Discuss the changes to the unrelated business income rules and what impact this will have on your tax liabilities
• Identify compensation considerations for organizations providing large compensation packages
• Discuss other miscellaneous items within tax reform impacting exempt organizations
• Review other current activities within the IRS that could have an impact on your organization
Presenter: Kim Hunwardsen
Kim Hunwardsen, CPA, Partner
Kim delivers tax services to health care providers and nonprofits, working closely with tax-exempt organizations to provide comprehensive tax consulting, planning and compliance expertise. She has guided clients through a variety of changes in tax reporting requirements and tax law. Kim assists nonprofits in formations of new entities, annual compliance requirements and all other tax related issues. She also consults with clients regarding mergers and acquisitions, formation of tax-exempt entities, unrelated business income studies, compensation and benefits issues, IRS examinations and charitable giving.
CPE Hours: 1 Hour
CPE Category: Taxes
These are live-group seminars. No prerequisites or advanced preparation required. For information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please contact Jason McKeever at 701.476.8773.