Insights: Article

Internal Recruiters are a Hiring Manager’s Best Friend

April 20, 2018

Like peanut butter and jelly, ham and cheese, pickles and ranch… OK, maybe not pickles and ranch, but you get the idea. Internal recruiters are a hiring manager’s best friend. We share the exact same goal. Without jelly, your PBJ is just weak. Jelly sweetens things up. It takes a bland, mediocre sandwich and turns it into something fantastic! On the flip side, you wouldn’t just want a jelly sandwich. Recruiting is a team effort.

In an article on ERE Media, Ken Blanchard, co-author of “The One Minute Manager,” sums it up saying, “None of us is as smart as all of us.” There is valuable experience and perspective to be leveraged on both sides. A hiring manager cannot do recruitment and hiring all on their own.

Just as you’re an expert in your field, recruiters are experts in understanding people, companies and work cultures. They ask the right questions and flag the right issues. They can jump into a hiring situation without needing to research or prep because it’s what they do for a living. They know right away how to screen different candidates (ICIMS Applicant Tracking).

Recruiters take care of the administrative work and back and forth on your behalf. They also do a lot of, and I mean a lot of, hand holding with candidates. Think of your recruiter as a guide. They are there to not only guide you through the hiring process, but the candidate through the recruitment process as well.

Did you know that the average resume spends 37 percent of the hiring process with the hiring manager? The other 63 percent of the time, it’s in the hands of your internal recruiter (ICIMS).

Working with an internal recruiter should give any hiring manager comfort when filling a position. Internal recruiters are focused on protecting their employer and finding and putting forward top job candidates. Together, hiring managers and internal recruiters work as a team to hire the best employees and build the best companies. Internal recruiters aren’t there to take away any control or make final decisions (unless of course you want them too). Trust your recruiter and utilize them to their fullest capabilities. It’s a win-win for everyone!

Latest Insights

September 18, 2018
Article
As the largest tax reform legislation in the past 30 years becomes reality, it is important to stay up-to-date on planning opportunities and how reform may impact you and your business. Our Tax Reform: Practical Insights examples aim to break down…
September 18, 2018
Tool
Get ahead of tax season with the Eide Bailly Tax Planning Guide. A supplemental strategy guide to help guide year-end and make the tax laws work for you.
September 18, 2018
Article
The SCOTUS Wayfair decision has prompted a new focus on state and local tax compliance. The decision to register, report, and comply is important.
September 17, 2018
Article
When an IRS Letter 226J is received, it is important to respond timely and with accurate information to eliminate, abate or reduce IRS calculated penalties
September 17, 2018
Firm News
Tom Goekeler, partner at Eide Bailly LLP, has been named chief practice officer of the South Central region, which currently covers our Oklahoma and Texas offices.
September 17, 2018
Article
The recent US Supreme Court decision that overturned Quill in the South Dakota v Wayfair case has many states making or considering law changes related to sales tax compliance for out-of-state sellers.
September 12, 2018
Article
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, signed December 22, 2017, significantly impacted inbound tax planning. Non-U.S. taxpayers doing business in the U.S. will need to consider the new tax laws.
September 12, 2018
Article
Applications have made a huge impact on our lives, allowing us to keep track of the complexities of our day-to-day and save for our futures. But it’s important to understand where we are laying our trust.
September 12, 2018
Article
The following steps outline key considerations for businesses as they work to comply with the new sales and use tax rules.