Insights: Article

W-2 and 1099 2017 Year-End Planning

January 31, 2018

Running a business never comes with a shortage of to do items. One of those is the ever-friendly forms that need to be filled out in order to stay compliant.

These forms can be complex and take some time to complete, but they’re necessary to ensure your business is running smoothly and soundly from a financial perspective. Also, it’s not a fun experience to get in trouble with the IRS.

What types of forms are we talking about?

At the heart of the form journey are two very important forms that have to do with reporting worker wages and income: the W-2 and 1099. As a refresher, if you have employees, their payments are reported on a W-2. If you have independent contractors, their payments are reported on a Form 1099-MISC. Of course, there are other factors to consider when it comes to which form you use, but at least this gives you a basic idea of where to start.

What else do I need to know?

When it comes to these forms, there are many details you have to remember. Don’t worry though, our W-2/1099 eBook has you covered. The book provides great information on common issues related to the W-2 and 1099 forms, including:

  • How to complete and correct the various forms
  • Learn about numerous taxable/non-taxable fringe benefits
  • Changes for the following year, such as new tax rates and wage limits
  • New hire reporting

Great, how do I get started?

Complete the form below and you’ll receive immediate access to the W2/1099 eBook. Better yet, you’ll receive an email with an attachment you can save for later reference. Good luck!