understand the hiring process
Your good friend at Eide Bailly has referred to you one of our positions, or you’ve been scouring our site after you read our perks article. The perfect career is staring you in the face—and you’re more than qualified! It’s time to take a leap and apply. Employment applications are an essential part of the hiring process, and it’s important that you apply correctly. Here are 10 steps to follow for preparation, applying and post-application.
- Prepare your resume. Even the best of the best need a tool to showcase their skills, experience and more. Haven’t refreshed your resume in years? We’ve got some tips that we’ve shared for our college recruits that can help you too.
- Select Careers on our Experienced Hires page and search for your dream career in your dream location. Click on the job title to view more detail regarding the position and to apply.
- Once you’re ready to apply, click on Apply. You’ll be prompted to register using LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, Yahoo or using your email and password.
For this example, we will use LinkedIn.
- Once you’ve signed in using your LinkedIn credentials, you’ll need to have your resume ready. Our system will use most of your LinkedIn profile to fill out the application; however, there will be blank spots that we’ll need your help to fill in.
- The first application portion will be validating your contact information: Name, address and phone.
- Next is how you heard about the position. This is where you can let our recruiters know who referred you.
- You’ll then progress to uploading your resume. You’ll be given the opportunity to go through your resume throughout the next sections to make sure that the resume uploads into the correct fields throughout the application process.
- The next two steps of the application process are the Equal Employment Opportunity Information disclosures and the Data Protection Statements. These are important so that you understand how we will use the data you provide, which is always safely and securely.
- Finally, you’ll wrap up the application process with some Preliminary Questions that are specific to why you want to work at Eide Bailly and how you fit in with our client experience and culture.
At any time you can pause the application process, save your work and resume applying later. Don’t wait too long though—our recruiters are always busy looking for the best fit for our firm, and we’d love to see your credentials! Applying sooner rather than later is always a smart idea.
- Once you’re done applying, you’ll receive notifications either by text or email (which ever you prefer) about the status of your application.
Curious about how to dress for your job interview or how to prepare for the interview? We’ve got you covered with helpful articles. Or maybe you want to learn more about our position on Corporate Responsibility. We’ve got that penned for you too. Thanks for applying—and good luck!