Kim Hunwardsen, CPA
612.253.6517 | email@example.com
Knowledge and Experience
- More than 19 years experience serving health care and tax-exempt clients.
- Provides tax consulting, planning and compliance services to a variety of nonprofit organizations.
- Works with private foundations in developing overall mission and vision and designing policies and procedures to support the mission.
- Consults on mergers and acquisitions, formation of tax-exempt entities, unrelated business income studies, compensation and benefits issues, IRS examinations, charitable giving and restructuring health care systems.
- Directs IRS contact on exams, rulings and appeals.
- Develops corporate restructuring strategies to minimize tax costs.
- Performs unrelated business income studies to identify potential unrelated activities, develops positions for treatment as related and develops cost allocation methodologies.
- Works with organizations to understand the impact of tax law changes and reporting changes and develops planning strategies to address the changes.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Health Care Financial Management Association - Tax Committee
- Non-profit Financial Group of the Twin Cities
- Recognized as one of the “Top Women in Finance” by Finance and Commerce Magazine, 2008
- Serves on the board of ResourceWest and MindsMatter of the Twin Cities
Designations and Licensures
- Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor of Arts, Accounting - Luther College, Decorah, Iowa